Supply Chain Management Solutions
Home Depot Pro’s supply chain solutions boost your productivity and reduce your costs. We understand that managing inventory affects the bottom line of your business. Not only is it time-consuming and tedious, it also takes valuable time away from your core contracting business. Home Depot Pro’s supply chain solutions are for any contractor – whether you have 1 or 100 trucks. From a comprehensive on-site solution to truck replenishment programs, Home Depot Pro can effectively control your supply chain issues and increase your profitability. We realize your business is unique. We customize an inventory solution for you.
Your path to profitability
At Home Depot Pro we like to focus on four Supply Chain Management Drivers: Product Standardization, Vendor Consolidation, Order Frequency, and Driving Cost from the System. You’ve got the questions and we’ve got the solution for you!
Our Supply Chain Solution Programs:
(VMI) Vendor Managed Inventory
Home Depot Pro’s Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solution is a comprehensive on-site supply chain management program that is tailored to meet the demands of your business. You provide Home Depot Pro with the warehouse space at your location and we’ll take care of the rest. Your biggest benefit: your inventory will be management and stocked precisely when you need it!
VMI program benefits include:
- Significant reduction of required warehouse inventory
- Elimination of warehouse shrinkage
- Cost savings through vendor consolidation and product standardization
- Reduced warehouse labor costs since Home Depot Pro will provide an on-site employee to manage your warehouse
- Fewer purchase orders for additional savings
- Improved inventory tracking and accurate job costing
- Special item sourcing and purchasing
(TSR) Truck Stock Replenishment
Are you carrying the right level of inventory on your trucks? Do your techs still make too many stops at supply houses and home centers to purchase products? Do you have the right product mix on your trucks? Do you have an accurate record of daily product usage from your trucks?
Home Depot Pro’s Truck Stock Replenishment program was developed as a “Just-In-Time” solution that lets your customer have better control of their inventory. By utilizing a Standard Truck Stock list, your customer can rest assured that each truck is operating as a “Rolling Warehouse” which will increase the company’s overall productivity. This program is designed for contractors who do not need an on-site representative, but would still like to reap the benefits of better managed inventory.
Here’s how it works:
- Your Home Depot Pro sales representative will conduct a needs assessment to verify eligibility and ensure that Home Depot Pro’s Truck Stock Replenishment program is a good fit with your business model.
- Standard truck stock lists will be created for each category of your type of service vehicles. These lists provide the foundation for truck bin labels with Home Depot Pro part numbers which will be created for placement in each truck.
- As your business technicians use inventory, they can manually record or scan each of the items as they are used. At the end of the day, the daily usage information is then provided and order information is transmitted to Home Depot Pro for replenishment.
- Once your usage amount has reached a predetermined point, Home Depot Pro’s Truck Stock Replenishment program will automatically box replenishment orders for your truck and consolidate the boxes for your next scheduled delivery.
Major benefits to you include:
- Dramatic reduction in inventory carrying cost
- Decrease in inventory shrinkage
- Reduced warehouse labor costs
- Order efficiency and cost savings through product standardization
- True cost savings generated through vendor consolidation
- Additional order efficiency through Home Depot Pro’s inventory scanner
Home Depot Pro’s Automated Truck Stock Replenishment program requires a three truck minimum. We also offer a Truck Stock Replenishment program for those with fewer than three trucks. Replenishment inventory is received by the contractor and easily distributed to each service technician. To learn more about this version of Truck Stock Replenishment, please contact your local Home Depot Pro representative or call us toll-free at 1.800.345.3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your business model does not fit into our VMI program or our TSR program, Home Depot Pro will work with you to develop a unique supply chain solution to manage your inventory – tailored to your individual needs. We provide you with a long term business partnership that will make your contracting business more rewarding.
For more information regarding Home Depot Pro’s supply chain solution call us today at 1.800.345.3000 to learn how we can make your contracting business more productive and more profitable.