Fire Safety At Your Multifamily Property
Multifamily properties pose a large fire safety risk due to the number of residents living under one roof. We have the supplies and information you need to help maintain a safe environment.
Key Fire Safety Tips
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your homes, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month and replace batteries once a year. Replace any smoke alarm that is more than 10 years old.
- Replace cords that are cracked, damaged or have loose connections.
- Cooking is a common cause of multifamily fires. Remind residents to stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling or broiling food. They should also remember to turn off the stove if they leave the area.
- Make a fire escape plan for your property and practice it at least twice a year.